Eclipse time brings up buried emotions, old stuff and patterning – so if you have been feeling a tad overwhelmed, drained, a bit fragmented – don’t fret – it’s all shifting and changing now.
Remember last week we talked about the theme of this month being UNFOLDING (think of a flower and an openness and expansion), that’s very much the energy of this delicious New Moon in Aquarius and Partial Solar Eclipse. Also, as February doesn’t have a Full Moon in it, there’s even more of an invitation for planting new seeds, creating and expanding into the future. Thus this partial eclipse is a book end to the one we had in January.
“The energy surrounding this Eclipse is the air sign of Aquarius and carries a very gentle, hopeful, and loving energy. All of this newly created space that we have made in our lives since the start of the year is going to be perfectly filled with this loving, abundant, and positive energy from February’s Solar Eclipse.
This Aquarius energy also gets us to start thinking about the bigger picture and focusing on how our actions and words affect those around us. Under the influence of this Solar Eclipse, we are going to have to step away from seeing things through our own perspective and open ourselves up to see things from a higher perspective.
Under this energy, we all have the potential to awaken and to see how our actions, words, and our essence effects the world around us. We may also feel a sense of responsibility in regards to how our attitudes and behaviours are creating a ripple effect around the world. There is an opening or a doorway to higher consciousness through this energy, and the more we can open our minds and hearts, the more likely we are to get a glimpse of true oneness.”
If you are feeling any confusion around relationship or path, use the glorious New Moon energy as your ally to break through this temporary limbo and reconnect with your intentions. New Moons are such an amazing time to to touch in with your intentions to make sure they are still what you want. A new moon is a still point and this one is good one to experience the stillness that aligns right timing.
Taking time for yourself and having a little touchstone ritual on a New Moon doesn’t have to be long and convoluted, it can be exceptionally easy, delightful and extremely powerful. Here is a fun, easy and gentle way to reconnect with your intentions and to make strong New Moon wishes.
New Moon Wishes/Visioning
Pen, or multiple coloured pens, paper (Journal), a candle (any colour will do) and a delicious cuppa tea! (Lol, in my world you should always include tea I have a divine one that is lavender/mint and locally sourced).
- Before you start, light a candle and take a moment to feel gratitude for all that’s good in your life.
- Put some lovely music on that makes you feel relaxed, special and calm.
- Take a few long deep breaths, get comfy in your body and where you are. For me it could be sitting outside (but if it’s frigging cold then I am curled up in the corner of the sofa with a dog on my feet).
- Think of the top 10 wishes/intentions for the coming four weeks. Also decide what you are willing to commit to doing, in order to help your wishes manifest.
- Then just write. I always start my New Moon wishes with I AM……… as I AM is a very powerful statement to yourself and to the Universe.
- Remember, you can’t write wishes for someone else i.e. I AM in a healthy, loving relationship with Doug – the guy at work. Nope. Not allowed.
- You can write about being in a healthy, loving relationship with a wonderful male/female who you connect with on every level, but you really can’t wish for someone else. Make sense?
- When you have written out your 10 wishes, go back and read them slowly and really, really visualise this as true, and present moment. Feel it, smell it, taste it and smile like a Cheshire Cat.
- Then end the ritual by saying outloud “This or something better now manifests for me, under grace in perfect ways and in perfect timing. So must it be.”
Voila! Done. If you have kids and want to share this with them it’s very easy and quite fun. Light a candle, become the secretary and ask each person in your family what their top 3 wishes are, write them down and then come next New Moon review them together – I highly suggest over a delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and a mug of tea. Yes?
Enjoy and Happy Visioning!